Band credits are now $25 per bingo shift!
Bingo at the VFW is currently one of the Wildcat Pride’s biggest fundraisers. The money it raises helps reduce the cost of every member’s fees. Volunteers who work bingo also receive a “thank-you” credit to their band accounts for each date they help.
The Band Booster Club manages several nights a week of bingo for the VFW post on Powers Ferry Road near Harry’s. On each of those nights, about four booster volunteers sell tickets, run the cash register, work the floor, and call the numbers. For three to four hours of fun work, you get $25* to your band account and the satisfaction of knowing you’ve helped make our marching program a success.
*Timely arrival is critical to helping the other Wheeler workers and serving the customers who arrive to play Bingo. Volunteers earn account credits based on the following schedule:
Arrive on time at 6:00 pm (3:00 pm Sunday): $25.00 credit
Arrive between 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm (3:30 pm and 4:00 pm Sunday): $20.00 credit
Arrive at 7:00 pm (4:00 pm Sunday) or later: $15.00 credit
Bingo workers must be at least 18 years old. You must complete paperwork, be fingerprinted, and be cleared through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Approval takes a few weeks, so be sure to complete your paperwork well in advance of when you want to work.
Once you’re approved, you will receive regular emails with available dates. Check the calendar for bingo event dates and times.
All bingo workers must be at least 18 years old and cleared through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
To obtain clearance to work bingo events:
1. Complete the Personal History and Background Form B02 and give it to the Band Bingo Coordinator, Julie Hampton. She will attach a cover letter to this and forward this to the GBI.
Here are answers to some questions on the B02 form that can be confusing:
- Name of Organization of which this personal history is a part (include Post/Lodge/Club No.) Wheeler High School Band Booster Club
- Are you a member of this organization? Yes
- How long have you been a member of this Post?Lodge/Club? [Enter how long you have been a Booster member]
- Your position in organization? Booster Club Member
- Salary? None: Volunteer
- Type of Membership (Regular, Auxilliary, Honorary, Associate, other) Regular
2. Sign up for finger printing at the Georgia Applicant Processing Services (GAPS) web site. Click “Single Applicant Registrations” to complete the screen.
Save your registration ID number (or print that screen)
The fee is $36.25 and will be reimbursed as a credit on your band account when you work your first Bingo event.
3. Go to a “print location” to get fingerprinted.
4. The band bingo coordinator will be notified when you are approved, usually in two weeks. If you haven’t heard anything three weeks after being fingerprinted, let the coordinator know.
GBI Bingo Page (Everything you ever wanted to know about Georgia Bingo)
Instructions for registering for bingo (individual)
Personal History Form B02 (updated August 2013)